To apply for this course please use the button on the right or email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 01244 940047
THIS ONE DAY COURSE IS FOR:
People who want to learn how to be more assertive when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients. Understand why our behaviour can lead to us to not getting what we need or why things can end in conflict. You’ll learn about the benefits of being assertive and how this can help you to develop more effectively, as a person.
You will develop great, new communication skills and tailor your communication to the audience. We all develop poor habits over the years and you will learn how recognise these, becoming a more effective, assertive and confident communicator.
You’ll quickly feel the benefits of assertive behaviour, become more effective in the workplace and help the organisation develop better relationships, both with staff and customers.
- Understand the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Understanding human behaviour and controlling your emotions
- Understand the importance of rights and responsibilities
- Identify the different levels of assertion and learn when to use them
- Building rapport – develop better listening skills
- Identify the right type of questions to get the results you need
- Make requests assertively and saying ‘no’ without feeling guilty
- PROVE – putting across your point of view more effectively
- Understand what good communication looks like
- First Impressions – understand the importance of and how to use different communication strategies
- Understand your audience – develop a range of communication skills that are appropriate in different situations, with different customer types
Blended learning, with tutor input, skills practice, observation, shared experience and visual aids.
Please note this event can be tailored to meet your individual needs
No Reviews found for this course.