People who want to learn how to be more assertive, less passive and less aggressive when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients.
Understand why our behaviour can lead to us to not getting what we need, or why things can end up in conflict. You will learn about the benefits of being assertive and how this can help you to develop more effectively as a person.
You’ll quickly feel the benefits of assertive behaviour, become more effective in the workplace and help the organisation develop better relationships, both with staff and customers.
- Understand the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Understand the importance of rights and responsibilities
- Learn how to be assertive in groups and be more confident when getting your views across
- Identify the different styles of assertion and learn when to use them
- Understand how to use different communication strategies
- Identify the right type of questions to get the results you need
- Make requests assertively and saying ‘no’ without feeling guilty
- Receiving and offering feedback assertively
One day course, highly facilitated delivery, with tutor input, group involvement, discussions and practise.
Handouts provided to delegates