Course Aims/ Target Audience
Anyone who wants to gain a better understanding about taking minutes effectively and writing great, easy to understand reports.
Become a highly effective minute taker, by learning tools and techniques to capture the relevant points and how to present the minutes back. You’ll also learn how to be a great report writer, learn great drafting and editing skills, together with the ability to produce an eye-catching, interesting and tailored document.
- Learn how to prepare for meetings
- Gain insights into listening skills and developing active listening
- Develop your preferred style of note-taking, that suits your style
- Learn how to get the relevant points from the meeting
- Appreciate the different formats, to produce minutes
- Understand the needs of the reader, when writing reports
- Learn how to select the right information
- Appreciate good structure in a document
- Choose the right words, the right grammar and how to proof read your report
- Editing for the best impact on the reader
One day course, highly facilitated delivery, with tutor input, group involvement, discussions and practise.
Handouts provided to delegates.